Many countries in Latin America require a payment at the airport prior to departure. Often times you have to pay this amount in cash (usually either local currency or US Dollars).
Argentina: (Buenos Aires EZE) $18 to be paid in USD upon checking in for international flight from Argentina.
- El Calafate: $18 to be paid in USD at local airport for domestic flights.
- Trelew: $6.05 to be paid in USD at local airport for domestic flights.
- Ushuaia: $15 to be paid in USD at local airport for domestic flights.
Belize: (Belize City BZE) $20 Paid in cash at the airport prior to departure.
Bolivia: (La Paz LPB) and (Santa Cruz VVI) $16 airport toll plus $25 traveler tax. ($100 USD reciprocal VISA fee now required for US citizens… check before you fly)
Brazil: (Rio de Janeiro GIG) or (Sao Paulo GRU) None (Included in ticket price). Visa required in advance including $100 reciprocal fee for US citizens.
Chile: (Santiago SCL) $100 to be paid in USD, Visa, Master Card or American Express upon arrival at customs. (This is actually a reciprocal Visa fee)
Costa Rica: (San Jose SJO) and (Liberia LIR) $26 to be paid in USD or local currency prior to checking in with the ticketing booth. Costa Rica now accepts credit cards… however a cash advance fee may apply. Use your debit card to avoid the fee.
Ecuador: (Quito UIO) and (Guayaquil GYE)
- Guayaquil: $27.15 to be paid in USD upon checking in for international flight.n (Cash only)
- Quito: $40.80 to be paid in USD upon checking in for international flight. (Cash only)
- Shell: $3 to be paid in USD upon checking in for domestic flight to & from Kapawi.
- Galapagos: $10 to be paid in USD for Galapagos Transit Control Card upon checking in for domestic flight to Galapagos. National park fee currently USD 80 per person
Guatemala: (Guatemala City GUA) $30 for international departure, plus $5 per domestic flight, plus $5 fuel surcharge per domestic flight.
Mexico; (Mexico City MEX) Included in ticket price (but over $70… paid when you buy your ticket). The same tax applies to all airports in Mexico
Panama: (Panama City PTY) $20 paid at airport upon departure
Peru: (Lima LIM) $30.25 for international departures, $6.05 for each domestic flight to be paid in USD or local currency after check-in before entering gate area. (cash only)
Uruguay: (Montevideo MVD) $29 to be paid in USD after check-in, before entering gate area.
This information is estimated and is subject to change. Check with the appropriate embassy prior to confirm accuracy prior to departure