There have been several cases of yellow fever reported within Argentina recently.Â The main tourist region affected is Iguazu Falls. The rest of the areas are less commonly visited by tourists
Vaccination is not mandatory for the border crossing of Puerto Iguazu to Foz Iguacu, or entry to Argentina, but the Argentinian Health Ministry is now suggesting that all passengers going to the following areas be vaccinated against yellow fever:
– Misiones: all the province which includes Iguazu Falls and the city of Posadas.
– Salta: the eastern region of San Martin, Rivadavia, Anta & Oran.
– Jujuy: the border with Bolivia the eastern regions of Ledesma, Santa Barbara and San Pedro.
– Corrientes: the northern regions of San Cosme, Itati, Beron de Astrada, San Miguel, Ituzaingo, Santo Tome, Gral Alvear, San Martin & Paso de los Libres.
– Chaco: the region of Bermejo
– Formosa: the whole province.
Vaccination should be done 10 days before traveling for people aged 1 to 60 years old.